Tuesday 4 February 2014

A Moment Of Happiness by Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi

A moment of happiness,
you and I sitting on the verandah,
apparently two, but one in soul, you and I.
We feel the flowing water of life here,
you and I, with the garden's beauty
and the birds singing.
The stars will be watching us,
and we will show them
what it is to be a thin crescent moon.
You and I unselfed, will be together,
indifferent to idle speculation, you and I.
The parrots of heaven will be cracking sugar
as we laugh together, you and I.
In one form upon this earth,
and in another form in a timeless sweet land.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful poem. It truly is a moment of happiness if you are together with the one you love. The scenario described is touching and inspiring; where the things around them are just perfect. The last part describing how even after in the next world, they will be together, is such a sweet thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really beautiful poem; it perfectly explains what it is like to be in love; a love that is unselfish. Reading this poem, I was sort of transported to a movie scene, or the depths of a romance novel. The author was able to capture the innocence of love and place it in such a simple setting. This poem brings you back to a happy place.

    - J. Christi

    ReplyDelete